Today was a beautiful day but for me there was something missing there was a void, there was nothing really wrong but I just felt well a bit blah. It was a day where I should have been making the most of it enjoying the glorious sun but I didn’t.
It just feels lately like I’m hearing of crap stuff happening to nice people and ya know what I’m not liking it. I just wish stuff was going good for everyone. But I guess life doesn’t go like that and you do have to take the good with the bad. Anyways its made me think of those of you who aren’t in the best place at the moment, sometimes we need to take care of ourselves just a little bit more. Do things that even temporarily lift our mood here’s the stuff I do when I’m not in the best.
- Get my pump on – I always feel better after working out. If I miss out on the gym for too long (i.e. more than 2 days in a row) I am like a little demon. I love the vibe in Kickstart, it’s just one hour out of my day and when I walk out the door I feel energised and happy ( and a little sore but in a good I’m going to be strutting around in a bikini looking fab kinda way)
- A walk up the waterworks always lifts my mood. For those of you who live in Tallaght or near Tallaght its on your doorstep it’s just one of the most beautiful places in the whole world its most definitely my happy place. Have a look at this link I found on Youtube which shows drone footage, any of you who can should take a stroll there someday you won’t regret it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqJyWMvXkGs
- Get a spray tan, oh my lord what would I do if there was no such think as spray tan ??? It also makes my list of things I cannot live without. I always feel happier when I am tanned.
- Spend, spend, spend – well even just buy yourself something small – for example today I bought myself a new mug in Dunnes Stores, it may not be the Chip mug that I want so much but its cute and I’m looking forward to a nice cuppa tea in it.
- Watch a funny movie – sometimes it is good to lose yourself in a good movie. There’s nothing better than having your mind taken off your troubles and being lost in something funny. I love films like Bridesmaids, Wedding Crashers and American Pie they always make me giggle.
- Meditation and mindfulness, when your head is frazzled with worries I think it’s a good idea to slow down and again lose yourself for a while here is one I have used which I found on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad_t0xhxIlM
- Meet a friend for a chat, there’s nothing better than having a giggle with your bestie.